Monday, July 22, 2013

Leggings Vs Jeans



One of my must have for any trip is a pair of black leggings.
I love my leggings, they are from Woolworths and retail for R99.95 and Woolworths stock’s it all year round. I wear mine almost every day and with almost everything. Whether you are having a skinny or fat day leggings will make you feel better.

I love jeans I love bootleg, skinny fit, stone wash, ripped effect, faded, bleached; I would live in jeans I found the best that fit me and compliments me are skinny jeans. The brand I favour most for jeans is free2bu available at Edgar’s they usually retail for R299.95 but often I get mine on sale. I don’t always buy designer jeans because there are great stores like legit and Mr Price that sell the latest styles at a good price, but when I do buy designer, I apply my “can I ware this jeans 5 different ways?” rule and like duh jeans are like a second skin to some people.

Wearing leggings most of the time means it in the wash a lot and it’s not even a year since I got my current leggings and it’s ripping on the inner thigh area but being a designer I stitched it closed. But what can I expect it is a light weight fabric. One common mistake made by ladies is expecting a leggings to replace a pants in the sense they wear short tops and expose their bottom and it makes them look cheap because the leggings are stretching around your bottom the fabric is very thin and one can almost see her underwear. Ladies often we put on an outfit having an image in our head and we put it on and we don’t look how we expected, yet we still keep it on and we can feel it looks bad and people can feel our emotions and pick up that you feel uncomfortable.

One problem I often pick on women wearing jeans are that they don’t wear belts and the jeans start to sag and it looks unattractive at the ladies bottom area and also the muffin top it creates, ladies, ladies muffin tops are not sexy and it can be avoided if you buy your correct size but that is a topic all on its own.

Tips on when to wear a leggings and when to wear a jeans:

-If you are wearing a dress, wear a legging’s to give yourself a smooth finish at the tummy area.

- If the top is above your bottom wear a jeans

- Don’t buy straight cut leggings get the skinny fit, its leggings, it’s meant to sit fitted

-Keep away from straight cut jeans it is not flattering to any figure

- If you are wearing a low cut jeans, make sure your wearing the right undergarments to protect yourself from looking like a plumber when bending over or sitting.

-If you can’t move in the jeans, the jeans are not meant for you

-When trying on leggings and you can see your skin peeking through, you need to go a size up

-Boot leg jeans need to be hemmed according to the shoe you want to wear it with because having bootleg jeans hemmed for a flat shoe and wearing a heel with it will make you look like you have outgrown your jeans.

- Try and stay away from denim that is loose, denim is meant to be a stiff fabric and with today’s technology they have put a stretch into it.  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 


Don’t be the only one not dancing in a drizzle storm
Aaqelah Salojee

No comments:

Post a Comment