Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Shoe Frenzy

I Refuse To Put Down Those Shoes


Hi, my name is Aaqelah, and I wear a size 3 shoe. I always get so excited when I buy a pair of shoes.

People often ask me; “is it difficult finding your size shoe?” and most of the time I reply no. I know it sounds like I am being cheeky but it's very rare for me these days to not get my size.

As a young girl only wanting to wear heels and relying on my parents for taking me shopping I grew up shopping in Lenasia or the oriental plaza and I loved it, it was shoe heaven and the prices were always decent, and the stores always stocked my size. I am always yelled at about how many pairs of shoes I have but I have been a size 3 since I was in Primary School and I love to look after my possessions so therefor I have built up a number of shoes. (Keeping the actual number a secret so my parents won’t faint)

Getting my licence and going shopping on my own opened my eyes to a whole new world of shoes, staring at window displays at the store’s like Aldo,  Socrati, Europa art, ect. The choices are amazing. Not just has heels improved so have pumps, loafers, takkies (my word for sneakers) the chances are in today’s time, even a guy is a shoe addict with all the different options out there I often tell myself quality is better than quantity because having a badly made shoe can really ruin a good outfit and believe people do notice your shoes.

As a teenager all I wanted was to wear heels, now as a 20 something year old person starting my career, I find myself grabbing flats and dreading heels, I love them, but I want to be fast, I want to be active, fun, casual as well as save my feet from the pain, but however it’s very easy to look short, fat and untidy with flats and that is why a good heel can really make a normal boring outfit look sexy and well put together.

I do love pencil heels, I don't think there's anything sexier, but wedges are wonderful as well, I find a shoe with a thick heel unattractive and I find baby heels a waste of time but most of all I hate a wobbly heel.





I made some meme makers regarding shoe related issues I hope you guys find it funny.




 

Drizzles are  the crystals we just miss to capture
Aaqelah Salojee

2 comments: