Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Scarf Conning


One of the many things that I love about winter is the luxury woolen scarves women wear around their necks. Wearing a scarf around my neck in the winter is one of the must do’s for winter in my opinion.

I love to have a variety in the way I wear anything and wearing a neck scarf in the same style can become monotonous and easily leave you feeling choked instead of fashion forward and stylish.

I buy my scarves mostly from Ahlan WA Sahlan in Azaadville they have a variety of options when it comes to texture, colour, print, and fabrics and its always at a reasonable price. Also Woolworths and Edgars stock a variety to satisfy anyone’s taste. I prefer a long rectangular scarf that’s also wide in width that can double up as a head scarf.

If I had to go on holiday and I was only able to take 3 scarves with; 1 would be a solid colour, 1 would be printed and the 3rd one would be a bright colour combo.

My do’s & don’t when it comes to wearing scarves around the neck area;

-          Wear earrings complement the scarf

-          Try to wear your hair up or tie it up, I always end up with static hair or my hair being all mixed up in the scarf (please note: this is for people with long hair)

-          Wear a scarf that brings out your eye colour this is something I always do and my eyes instantly sparkle

-           Don’t wear a scarf if the fabric makes you itch you will be very uncomfortable

-          Don’t wear a busy neck detail top with a scarf you will very busy and also untidy

-          Try finding a signature style draping that you can master

-          Don’t tie it too tight, loose in this case is better

-          A crease scarf looks untidy depending on your look, take the time to press it out

-          I personally avoid embellishments on my scarves because it can cause an irritation.

 

If you are not someone to wear scarves around your neck other places to show off a beautiful scarf are:

·         Tie it around your handbag strap

·         Tie it around your jeans instead of a belt

·         Around your waist as a belt

·         Around your hand like a bracelet

-            Or wrap it around you like a shawl

-           Wear it as a headband (I love this style in the summer time)

-          Also tying your scarf in a gypsy style is something I love to do in the summer

 

This scarf style is called the:  The Tinkle


 
 

Style 2: The Wishful
 
 

Style 3: The Skilful

 

Style 4: The Giggle
 

Style 5: The Superficial
 

Style 6: The Fizzle
 


Style 7: The whistle
 
Style 8: The Crystal
PS if you would like a step by step picture for any style just leave a comment below


Add a wiggle to your drizzle

Aaqelah Salojee

2 comments: