Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Be a Jet Setter in Your Maxi Dress


I bought this dress a few years back, from the PQ outlet on Ontdekkers for like R60, which for a maxi dress is a bargain I loved it because the length was perfect, being short I always have to tailor my garments to fit me. At first I really doubted this buy and a good amount of time had passed before I had actually decided to wear it.

The 1st  time I wore it was to spend the afternoon with my cousins and I wore it like a skirt instead of a dress. I instantly fell in love with this dress and the different colours. It took a while to creep into my heart but when it did I instantly knew how to style it.

Long maxi dresses compliments all figures it’s the print that one has to watch. Tiny ladies can go experiment, but watch out for the common mistake most ladies do which is to buy from the kiddies section, instead of looking sexy for the summer you will look like a little girl hanging out with the big girls. Fuller figure ladies should stick to solid colour dresses, as this will make them look slimmer and sexy.

How to look the sexiest in a maxi dress? Well, I have a few hints to help you!

-          Get your dress tailored, sweeping the floors is not sexy or stylish

-           Most maxi dresses are sheer or close to if you are not a fan of a petticoat wear the correct undergarments.

-          Don’t always wear a t-shirt under the maxi dress try a jacket or jersey that’s open in the front

-          One of the favourite ways to wear my maxi dress is over my bikini it beats the wrapping of scarf around my waist

-          Class up a maxi dress, wear it with heels and stylish accessories

-          Another way I like to cover up over my maxi dress is wearing a sheer loose top over

-          If you are someone who loves to wear accessories, add a waist belt to the dress to add more of your own personal style to it.

-           Also one important factor is to insure your straps of your dress is adjusted to fit you and compliment your bust area as best as possible. There’s nothing worse the someone’s bit popping out because of loose straps


This is my flower power dress that I love so much.

It has this frill detail and buttons for some feminine detail

An adjustable strap so my dress can fit me perfectly

This is how I fold my dress to make it a skirt


This is my vintage glam look

This is my bohemian style

This is my everyday look

This is my student look

This is a close up to show that the top is see-through

And this is my pretty girl look I love this for hot sunny day lunches with friends.
 
 
Sprinkle the drizzles let everyone fizzle
Aaqelah Salojee
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: