Thursday, August 1, 2013

Arm Candy that's Flirty

Just would like to say happy 1st of August to all my readers, exactly 5 months left of this year, hope you kept with your new years resolutions.

YOUR BRACELET SHOULD NEVER BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT!!!

 



From an early age, I adored jewellery and being a creative littler wannabe diva I made my own jewellery which is a craft I am so very proud of.
This craft really grew with my 3 years of studying fashion design at the Spero Villioti Elite Design Academy for one of my subjects was beading and I learned all new ways to embellish, and found out about stores selling unique beads.
I love having one of a kind pieces, but my budget doesn’t allow me to have them done professionally so I use what I have. Looking at stores like Sass Diva, Mr P, Woolworths and Fashion magazines like Elle and Grazia, I more or less get what sort of trends are in for bracelets and over the years I have managed to collect all sorts of bracelets and in this case quantity over quality.
I love buying bracelets that are in packs of different widths and   textures mixing and matching is the only rule I apply to bracelets, but if you can’t pick up your hand then you have way too many bracelets on. When I was younger, I prefer metal and I loved it to make a noise now at this age I really am into more textured braided bracelets that’s more earthy and peaceful.

When on holiday I pack a mixture of bracelets instead of a bracelet to go with each outfit, but at home because I have all these options it drives me nuts to make a choice.



 
Tips to display your arm candy

- Younger girls look more fresh and upbeat with bulky accessories  

- If you prefer slim line bracelets, but also want to try the stacking up style, try it with just different textures of bracelets

- When wearing bracelets with crystal it often hooks on my clothes and so I put glue on the tips this is very tricky because if the glue messes on the crystal it will make the crystal look dull. (If you want a tutorial on this leave a comment below)

- Another way to wear a charm bracelet and you want a bulkier look add a watch and simpler bracelets to show off the charm bracelet

- If you have tiny wrists like me and share your bracelets with other people like I share mine with my mom and sister so  when I buy store bracelets and they are too big for your you can add links from a craft store add to the bracelet to make it fit you and the other person wearing it.

- Bracelets never have to be the same colour or texture the more strange and unique the better.









 

A little tingle there, a little wiggle here, and a whole lot of drizzle everywhere

Aaqelah Salojee

2 comments:

  1. where do you get your pictures from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take all my own pictures that is why I put Drizzles Domain on everything

      Delete