Monday, December 9, 2013

Tribute to the Great Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, Hamba Gashle Nelson Mandela


 
We have heard the sad news of the passing of the Great Nelson Mandela. Today my post will be a tribute to the Great Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela. He was a man of greatness. He was the example we should all try to be. He was an intelligent, hard working, stylish, and successful man. Men all over copied his fashion since he made it okay to have your shirt untucked in public.
He was a fashion icon not only did he dress well, but he led fashion for older men who would want a more fashionable appearance without looking like they are going through a mid life crisis. He made it legit for men to wear fancy prints on shirts. 
 
 
 

I remember my mom buying my dad Mendela inspired shirts and it is very elegant and tasteful. As a South African I am so proud to have been born in the lifetime of Nelson Mandela I only wish I got to meet him.

My first memory of Nelson Mandela was in 1994 when he was elected and I heard about it on the radio. Watching him on TV he looked so humble and peaceful he didn’t seem to be caught up in a lot of mambo jumbo.

 
 
 
 
A lot of places have been named after the Great Nelson Mandela.
The Nelson Mandela Square in Sandton.
 The Nelson Mandela stadium in PE
The Nelson Mandela Bridge in Johannesburg
The South African Currency changed it to have Nelson Mandela's face on it and it have to say I love it, nothing like having a wallet full of Mandela's to put you in a good mood.
I heard the news late on Thursday and I felt a deep sadness, even though I didn’t know him personally I felt his loss I felt almost incomplete for a while thinking back to what hardships he went through and where he ended up because of it.
The world felt his loss too, and showed their sadness by displaying the South African Flag in lights
The Empire State building in New York.
The Eiffel Tower in Paris
The Omni Hotel in Dallas, Texas.
Zack and I would like to send our condolences to Nelson Mandela's family and friends. Hamba Gashle Nelson Mandela.
 
You can follow me on twitter here follow Zack on twitter here like the Drizzles Domain Facebook page here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment