Monday, December 8, 2014

High Tea

I love anything Fancy so when my mothers friend invited us to a high tea I was overjoyed. It was held to raise funds for a orphanage in the south of Johannesburg.

The high tea consisted of a fashion show, auction and of course food! Where do I start oh yeah the beginning.

As always we arrived early, I really don't have a Indian clock, as we always seem to get to places early and the rest of the party arrives late, anyway being early means good seats. We had a right in the front I can touch the stage seat.

Unfortunately it was an Islamic event and photos was not encouraged and I didn't want to get kicked out so I didn't take any photos of the fashion show but if you follow me on instagram you know I took photos of the food.

My sister and I went halfsies on a cake on auction and oh my it was divine. We loved the design and didn't expect the cake to taste nice but to our surprise the cake was fresh and wonderful.

The high tea was done in a professional manner and had 2 wonderfully trained MC's hosting the event, it opened up with 2 sisters called the and they sang nasheeds from Mahir Zain their voices are gorgeous and they so in tune you will beg to realise a CD so you can take a piece of them home with you, then the fashion show began, it melted my heart instantly my weakness "Handbags" it was so on trend and perfect for the hijabista, then just when you thought things could get any better they had babies modelling and they were well trained and so adorable that if they made a boo boo you didn't mind, then came the sexy part the lingerie and to all the haters they did it in a true Islamic style. They dress a mannequin up in the lingerie and had a beautiful girl dressed in hijab and a mask to add mystery walk it down the catwalk, while we watched the show we snacked of a few things to keep us going and then was the action and things got heated with the "aunties"   after the auction we heard a story about one of the orphans that did not leave dry eye in the room and make us realise really how lucky we are to have a home. After that sad moment we got to snack on beautiful wonderful tasteful treats that really was very welcomed after all that entertainment.

The handbag I used for the high tea. This purse reminds me of The Great Gastby

Tea Table

Stage and Draping


We were each given a rose from the orphans

The Cake my sister and I got at the auction


Follow me on Twitter , like my page on Facebook and leave a comment below of what kind post you guys would like to see more of.

No comments:

Post a Comment