Friday, November 1, 2013

The Pink Hijab Supper

Last week Friday I attended the Pink hijab supper, at the lifestyle centre in Fordsburg. The supper was to bring awareness to breast cancer and also raise funds for the people in Syria.


On arrival I was really impressed with how organized the parking was set up. I didn’t have to drive around looking for parking, I was directed where to go and I instantly found parking.
The lifestyle centre was filled with pink heads of all shades and the ladies were dressed to impress. Men attended as well, but set in a whole other section because of it being an Islamic event and respecting the hijab guild lines.
I was really surprised to see one lady had started this pink hijab supper all by herself and how it has grown. I really do admire her for all she has done so far.


The décor was too cute it was pink, silver and white.
 The starter was Halwa and there were 2 mins mutton curry and rice, and chicken and pasta of the food were finger looking good, hehe.
 I attended the supper with my mom, friends and cousins and we really had a wonderful time.

The program had guest speakers as well performers performing Nasheeds. There was an auction to raise funds for Syria and then it was tea time.
I would recommend everyone to support this course, not only is it for a good course, but it is well organized, informative and entertaining.








You can like my Facebook page here follow me on twitter here  look up Humairah Jassat and her pink hijab day here

Drizzles in Pink 
Aaqelah Salojee

No comments:

Post a Comment