Thursday, September 18, 2014

CII Gaza Ambulance Drive Dinner

I was fortunate enough to attend the CII Gaza ambulance drive dinner. For those that doesn't know what CII is, CII stands for Channel Islam, and it is a dynamic Islamic Satellite Radio station that reaches out to a global audience daily. Bringing Islam to the world and the world to you.

The dinner was to raise funds for new ambulances in Gaza. I arrived early to the event, but regrettably I could not get a good seat right in front as the front tables were reserved and the back was non reserved non the less I still got to hear the speakers loud and clear.


The event was at the Image Lifestyle in Fordsburg. The decor was lovely. As the guest arrived the room filled up with women wearing scarves in the colours of the Palestine flag. The event commenced at 7:30 and Ebrahim Gangat opened the evening. He spoke of attacks that the people in Gaza had to endure about how people are trying to survive, what is a typical day currently in Gaza. Then he spoke about how they planned on raising funds at the dinner. The CII crew came prepared even if we only have plastic on us they were prepared as they brought a card machine, which I think was really clever of them.

 "We want money."  Quote by Ebrahim Gangat


I Personality thought I knew what was happening in Gaza because of all the photos I've seen on social media sites, but I don't think I fully realized how bad it was till the guest speaker DR Mads Gilbert did his presentation. I saw  graphic photos the doctor had taken, my heart broke to think that world leaders are standing aside and not doing anything to stop the war or stop people from killing babies and women. Regrettably, I didn't take any notes when the DR Mads spoke.




After being presented with all that information at the dinner it woke me up to how bad things are in Gaza and now they have stopped the bombings and killings but the distractions is still there. Yesterday Gaza schools re opened and I kept reading about how many students weren't returning from their summer break as they had passed on due to the attacks in Gaza.

I beg you to donate and support the course to Free Gaza.  


No comments:

Post a Comment