Friday, September 19, 2014

Wave your flag

This follows the post from the Gaza dinner. I purchased two t-shirts. This is the 1st look post with one of the T-shirts. I bought the t-shirts from Tasneem Qureshi - secretary of Purple Bandage, Roshnee. They have a variety of designs and sell for R100 each and they donate towards to Gaza so it's a great cause to support.

My Look:
I am obsessed with bodycon anything. I enjoy dressing up and hardly do it now a days. All black is chic but I felt like kicking it up a bit with my shoes and lip colour. The tee is very loose fitting, so pairing it with a bodycon skirt really brought in the element of one loose fitting piece with one tight fitting piece. I used a belt just to tie the old outfit together. I didn't add a chain or earrings, but if you choose to add accessories to a similar look keep the chain pendant small if you have a tee with writing and if it's plain add a bold statement necklace, however don't do a bold chain and bold earrings. 

Tips:
One thing I have noticed about us ladies is that we overdo on colour. I love the colour blocking trend, but I feel sometimes we need some neutrals in our lifetime.

1. Keep it simple. Put on one piece of colour and keep the remainder of the outfit neutral. If you prefer more colour, then pick your outfit to be in colour and your accessories to be in neutrals.
2. Try to do one colour accessories and the rest neutral. 
3. One common mistake people often do is make up. It's simple either do your eyes in colour or lip but never both! Similar to the necklace and chain rule.  
4. Don't ever wear something if you are not comfortable. If you are uncomfortable with something it shows and you will end up looking untidy and messy.
5. Don't be afraid to go a size up in bodycon or a size down. It all depends on the individual. 
Body con works differently for different people. Maybe going down a size will give you a better effect or a size up will compliment your body better.





 
 
Skirt: Truworths
Belt: Pay&Save Fabric Store
Shoes: SissyBoy
 
The feeling of believing is magical! I only hope to experience a real magic moment!
Aaqelah Salojee

No comments:

Post a Comment