Thursday, January 15, 2015

My on going Battle with Shopping.

I constantly face the battle of should I buy something because it's cheap? I know better, but that doesn't mean I act better. My shopping skills always depend on my budget and reason behind the shopping. I never really shop for an occasion other than Eid. All the other trips to the mall is just to keep up to date with my style and when an occasion presents itself I look into my closet to inspire.

One way I keep myself excited about the things I buy is that I set a date as to when I'll wear it. I was raised you always wear a new garment on a Friday. So I know the day will be a Friday just not which one. The reason I wait to wear a new outfit is because as you grow up less things excite us as when we were kids and having a new garment to look forward to is exciting.

I always regret buying cheap clothes because they get ruined so easily and you can literally see your money washing away each time you get it back from the laundry. I would love to say my new years resolution is to buy quality over quantity, but my wallet will laugh so I am saying I will be more cautions now when buying and taking my time to decide instead of being an impulse buyer.

My thoughts on this look:
I love kimono's! I recently made myself one I can't wait to show it off. This look is so opposite of summer. It was a rainy day here in Johannesburg, South Africa the day I shoot this look. I feel like this look would be great for a festival, also if you into the boho chic, which I am currently obsessed with.

This is such a basic outfit put together with key pieces that brings the whole look together. The utility boots are only going to get better as it ages and black tights have become the new jean for most women.











Headscarf: Local Flea Market
Chain: I won it! Yay me FYI its from Foever21
Kimono: Gift
Inner top: Jam
Thighs: Sportscean
Shoes: Truworths
Rings: Mr Price & Legit

The Lipstick I am wearing is the Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm 210 Unapologetic


The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart
Helen Keller


Weheartit Pintrest Facebook Twitter
 

No comments:

Post a Comment