Friday, February 27, 2015

Gastby Tea

Recently I attended a bridal shower inspired by the Great Gatsby and Roaring 20's, and there was a dress code and a prize for best dressed. I was immediately trilled as I love dressing up, especially if it has to do with glamour. I visited numerous costume stores in my area and came to the realization that instead of parting with my Madiba's I will wear what I have in my closet and get my hair professionally done, while my sister opted for a wig.

The attempt to put an ensemble inspired by the 1920's was surprisingly more strenuous than I had initially imagined since I had studied the 1920's at varsity in my 2nd year of design. After hours of outfit planning and research on the internet I knew 2 things.
1. Don't wear black. Every person that popped up on search would either be in a black dress, headband and pearls or bag dress they passed as 1920's inspired fashion.
2. I was being too harsh on myself. It's meant to be fun.

I knew my outfit had to be shapeless because in the 1920's women were rebelling against the corset yet I don't own anything baggy enough to pass for a drop waist flapper dress so I went for a dress that was a loose fit according to my judgment and made myself a body chain looked through my hair accessories found the perfect headband and just like that I had my dress up outfit.








Headband: Legit
Dress and inner top: Mr Price
Body Chain: I made
Ring: local store in my area

Photo credit goes to Sameera Hajat


Twitter Pinterest We Heart It Facebook Bloglovin

 




No comments:

Post a Comment