Saturday, January 30, 2016

Peanut Butter Cookies

I love peanut butter anything, besides on bread! It had to be faith when I found this recipe on the side of a cereal box. I made this and it was a complete hit and I got a good size batch out of it. Instead of serving them separately I made Nutella sandwiches just to add more opulence to it.




Ingredients:

250g    Butter
500ml  Sugar
2          Eggs, whisked
125ml  Smooth Peanut Butter
10ml    Bicarbonate of Soda
25ml    Milk
5ml      Vanilla Essence
500ml  Flour, sifted
500ml  Instant Oats
500ml  Coconut
500ml  Cornflakes

Method:

Preheat oven to 180'C.
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Add whisked egg
3. Add peanut butter and mix well
4. Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in milk. Add vanilla essence.
    Add butter mixture and Beat Well.
5. Mix the rest of the ingredients together.
    Add to the peanut butter mixture.
6. Form walnut-sized balls.
    Place on a greased tray and flatten slightly with a fork
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes until brown and done.
8. Turn out onto a cookie rack. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.

Makes approximately 8 dozen cookies.

I rolled about a spoon full of dough in my hand and pressed it flat instead of using a fork. Hope you have fun baking!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment