Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Chocolate Squares

Chocolate anything is my favourite. When I discovered this recipe on Instagram I had to try it out. I hate the long process for many things that is why I enjoyed this baking session, it went rather fast and because I didn't have to roll the dough and cut out shapes the process went fast.




RECIPE:

250g Butter
1/2 cup Castor Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2    tblsp Cocoa
2    cups Coconut
1/2 cup Roasted Almonds
1.5 to 2 cups Flour

METHOD:

Cream butter and sugar together well. 
Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
Press dough into a baking sheet 24x36cm
Bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins.
Remove from oven, place and break up a 100g milk chocolate and place over the biscuit and let the heat melt it, when the chocolate is completely melted spread it out evenly using a spatula.
Grate peppermint crisps and cut out squares whilst it is still warm.


MY REVIEW:

I found that 2 cups of coconut are too much, if you are not a coconut lover start of with 1 cup. I would also recommend that you melt the chocolate separately and spread it on but if you are going to go with my suggestion, cut the dough into squares 1st would be better than spread the melted chocolate. I did not roast my almonds or use 1/2 a cup, I took a hand full and chopped it up. I used a bigger pan and would suggest you double up the ingredients if you are not using the pan size recommend. Overall the mess was minimal and the taste was phenomenal.

The Instagram Account I got the recipe from is @KITCHENDQUEENS_ and you can find me @drizzlesdomain.

No comments:

Post a Comment